The importance of safety at the work place can't be over exemplified. This is felt where the labours are exposed to sustained risk in their daily operations the adoption of safety measures not only ensures the safety of the life of the workers but also of their family dependents.
We understand that to have all staff and labour’s abide by all safety measure is through behavioural changes.
This is reflected by the company's commitment in complying with OSHAS 18001: 2007 standards. A dedicated team of individuals are available on site to enforce all forms of safety and to continually improve working environments.
All the safety provisions must be brought to the attention of everyone employed in SEIDCO.
This is done through a combination of site orientation, tool box meetings, awareness training and external training. We believe that investing in such efforts would increase productivity and ensure safe work practices.
DESERT has created a zero incident policy through implementing a 9 point action plan:
- Establishing a Scaffolding department.
- Investing in new technology and adopting new techniques for construction work.
- Training to be provided across the organization to raise the level of awareness from top management to individual employees.
- Transparency within the company.
- Staff appraisals on a more frequent basis.
- Employees will be given a job description for their roles and responsibilities.
- Stringent inspections to be conducted for formwork/ scaffolding through 3rd party companies approved by the municipality.
- Method statements and risk assessment to be reviewed, taking into account the actual process of works.
- Where changes to traditional work practices are introduced, these must be properly communicated to the work force.